Friday, July 2, 2010

Installation Art




My project-
1. Installation art is art that defines a space or takes over a space. It is all around you. It is site specific as if it only exists for that area.
2. Installation art can incorporate many different materials. It can be anything from video, sculptures, architecture and music.
3. Installation art is made to transform a space. It gives the viewer a new perspective and it can change a gallery or space.
4.The installation I found most interesting was 2050 because it involved reflections off of the oil in the room. It inspired me to include a mirror in my installation so that the viewer can view the entire area from both sides.
5.I felt a connection with sculpting so I made a small sculpture to incorporate my own creation.
I incorporated Nature into my installation by using fruit to add a natural appeal.
6.I used clay, sculptures I already owned, cloth, paintings and a mirror.
7. My installation is located in my kitchen area because it is a site specific design that can only exist in that small space.
My plan was to create a space that looked natural and fit perfectly with my eating area. I have a small kitchen so I could not fit much into the area. I made the sculpture of the pineapple and I made it small so it could be noticed but not overpower the other fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment